2020-2021 Rules and Regulations
1. The Women’s College Hospital Foundation Payday Thursdays Lottery* is authorized and licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario License #12186.
2. The purchase of Women’s College Hospital Foundation Payday Thursdays Lottery ticket binds you to the rules of the Lottery.
3. The Women’s College Hospital Foundation Payday Thursdays Lottery is open to any full-time, part-time and casual staff, of Women’s College Hospital. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Tickets will be available on first-come, first-served basis as tickets are available.
4.Draws will be conducted on each pay day at 10:00 a.m. in Women’s College Hospital Foundation Reception Desk on the 4th Floor at 76 Grenville St. starting from September 10, 2020 to August 26, 2021, inclusive. Pay days occur every second Thursday.
5. Actual prize amount varies with participation to a maximum of $4,500 per draw (tax free). Fifty per cent of all monies received for each bi- weekly draw will be awarded. The other fifty per cent of all monies will benefit Women’s College Hospital Foundation and will support programs and equipment at Women’s College Hospital. A maximum of 3,000 tickets will be printed. There will be a maximum of 78,000 tickets played (3,000 per draw). A maximum of six (6) tickets per individual per draw can be purchased. Tickets can be purchased by filling out a paper entry form and submitting it to Women’s College Hospital Foundation office, or by downloading the entry form online at wchchangemakers.ca and emailing the filled out form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ticket numbers will be issued at the time of enrollment.
6. Women’s College Hospital Foundation Payday Thursdays Lottery has been approved by the Board of Directors of Women’s College Hospital Foundation for the purpose of raising funds for programs and equipment at Women’s CollegeHospital.
7. Per CRA regulations no tax receipt can be issued for the purchase of Women’s College Hospital Foundation Payday Thursdays Lottery ticket.
8. The winner is the person whose number is drawn. The winner will be notified by phone or email that they have won; their name and ticket number will be printed in the WCH Connect staff email, on the Staff Lottery webpage at www.wchchangemakers.ca, and posted on myWCH. The winner must present a photo identification card (i.e.employee ID, drivers’ license) upon pick up of their prize.
9. Only tickets that have been sold will be entered in the draw. Once the number has won, the ticket will be returned to the drum to be eligible for all remaining draws.
10. Group purchases are not permitted.
11. Any prizes which are not claimed will be secured and placed in safe keeping for a period of six (6) months from the date of the draw by Women’s College Hospital Foundation. If at that time the prize has still not been claimed, the prize will be donated to a registered charitable organization other than Women's College Hospital Foundation.
12. You can cancel your participation in the Payday Thursdays lottery at any time; simply notify Women’s College Hospital Foundation in writing by email to email@example.com, or by calling the Foundation Office at 416-323-6323 x 2341. Enrollments and cancellations must be received more than fourteen (14) business days prior to the draw date.To resume play, individuals must complete an entry form and it will be added to the bottom of the waiting list and will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis, as tickets become available.
13. In order to be eligible for the draw, your ticket must be paid prior to the draw date. Tickets will be removed from a draw if payment is not received prior to the draw date. Women’s College Hospital Foundation will not extend credit to cover draws not paid for by payroll deduction.
14. Women’s College Hospital Foundation will hold ineligible ticket numbers for up to two consecutive draws. If an employee does not pay by the third draw, that ticket will be offered to another individual.Women’s College Hospital Foundation will make every reasonable attempt to notify all lottery participants whose tickets are not eligible prior to cancelling their eligibility. If a ticket holder on payroll deduction misses two consecutive pays an alternative method of payment will be required to ensure ticket eligibility.
15. If the employee is not receiving a regular pay due to an extended absence (sick leave, maternity leave, etc.), it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to contact Women’s College Hospital Foundation to make arrangements for an alternative payment method either by cheque or credit card prior to the start of the leave. If an alternate method of payment is not made, the employee forfeits their ticket(s) if their tickets have not been paid for within two draws.
16. When a new lottery license is issued All Payday Thursdays Lottery participants will need to re- enroll in order to participate in the new Payday Thursdays Lottery.
17. Women’s College Hospital Foundation does NOT have access to personal information for any hospital staff members. If you move or change your personal information you must contact Women’s College Hospital Foundation directly in order to keep your Winning Thursdays Lottery file up to date. Women’s College Hospital Foundation does not take responsibility for misdirected renewal forms due to unreported changes to personal information.
18. Women’s College Hospital Foundation staff (or family members) and Foundation board members are not permitted to enter the draw.